Thursday

"B" Day- 9/4/08

Periods 2 & 4: Freshman English
Today I worked on learning your names. (Sorry I repeated them sooooo many times, but that's how my brain memorizes things best.) After attendance, I handed out and we went over the class syllabus. Remember that the signature sheet is due next week. Then, we broke up into groups to work on the Author Study Poster Assignment. Groups will have time to continue working on this and assemble their posters next class period. Then, presentations will begin. Before you left I collected the Summer Reading Reflection.

Period 8: AP Lit.
Today we met each other and I shared a little (or a lot?) about myself and this class. Students created their first vocabulary list together; a quiz over the 10 words we selected will be coming next week. The exact date will be announced soon, just look up the definitions to the words and learn them. I then distributed the class syllabus and we had a few minutes to talk about how this class will function. We ran out of time to do an AP Test writing prompt, so you have that to look forward to next time.


No comments: